n.paradoxa: Feminism, Art and Citizenship
n.paradoxa’s 32nd volume on Feminism, Art and Citizenship is now available.
The focus of the volume is on women’s activism and protests; there’s a very good article by Kim Paice about two online projects by Sharon Daniel and Natalie Bookchin. Alla Mitrofanova’s article considers the relationship between protest, performance art and Pussy Riot. Sue Bell Yank’s article explores a few women artists’ actions during Occupy LA in 2011.
n.paradoxa: international feminist art journal is available in print and online from www.ktpress.co.uk
Read the editorial by Katy Deepwell here.
Contents (vol 32. July 2013):
- Alla Mitrofanova ‘The Public and the Political in Feminist Statements: Street Actions in St. Petersburg and the Pussy Riot Case’ pp.5-12
- Basia Sliwinska ‘And Europe will be Stunned: Yael Bartana and JRMiP’ pp.13-22
- Sue Bell Yank ‘In the Space Between Bodies: Women Artists and Occupy LA’ pp.23-31
- ‘Views of Women Artists from the 55th Venice Biennale’ pp.32-35
- Artists Pages: Monica Ross ‘Anniversary— an act of memory’ pp.36-38
- Michèle Fuirer ‘Suzanne Lacy: Silver Action’ pp. 39-45
- Melissa Potter ‘Feminist Felt’ pp.46-47
- Adele Chynoweth ‘‘The stain is indelible’ : Rachael Romero’s The Magdalene Diaries’ pp.48-58
- Marta Garsd ‘Now We See You, Now We Don’t: Women-Artists Networks in Post-dictatorship Argentina (1986-1999)’ pp.59-69
- Manyu Zhang ‘Xiao Lu: Dialogue, Sperm and Wedding’ pp.70-76
- Kim Paice ‘Feminism, Democracy and Participatory Net Works’ pp. 77-83
- Hilary Robinson ‘Actionmyth, Historypanic: The entry of VALIE EXPORT’s Aktionhose: Genitalpanik into art history’ pp.84-89
- Bojana Pejic ‘Ilona Németh: Dilemma’ pp.90-96
n.paradoxa continues its mission to publish in-depth critical articles on contemporary women artists and their projects from around the world drawing on issues and ideas in feminist theory in each volume.
Editor of n.paradoxa
38 Bellot Street London, SE10 0AQ
tel/fax: +44 208 858 3331